Payroll is an integral part of QuickBooks accounting software. It ensures that payroll processing runs smoothly and uninterrupted, regardless of how large or small a company may be. Payroll is more susceptible to errors than any other QuickBooks feature. Even minor mistakes can cause errors in various payroll operations. Error 15222 This is an uncommon, but difficult to fix error that occurs when updating Maintenance Release, Critical Fixes, and Essentials. For an immediate solution, if you receive error code 15222 from QuickBooks, follow these steps.
What’s QuickBooks Error 15222?
The 15222 series errors are a notorious category of problems that QuickBooks faces when it tries to download the latest payroll updates. This issue can be caused by many factors, but the most common reason is an error in Internet Explorer’s web browser settings. The issue eventually causes the update to fail, which can lead to other problems in the program. Your device might not respond to your requests, or it may fail to launch the next time that you attempt to access it.
QuickBooks Update Error 15222 is a problem in which QuickBooks cannot establish a connection to the internet to download update files. There are many reasons this might happen. Depending on the error code received, you might receive different error messages.
QuickBooks Desktop must be installed in order to update online services such as payroll. Make sure that you don’t use a version of QuickBooks that is no longer supported.
Why does QuickBooks Error 15222 Emerge?
Missing digital signature certificates in the internet browser are just a few of the many reasons for Maintenance Release Update Error 15222 Below are other reasons for QuickBooks error 15222 in QuickBooks Desktop:
- A previous version of QuickBooks Desktop, i.e. 2015 and earlier versions.
- Anti-malware, firewall, anti-malware, and anti-spyware system security software can sometimes prevent
- QuickBooks from connecting to the internet. This causes error 15222.
- You can use Firefox or Safari instead of Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- The administrator account is not used to log in to the user.
- Also, QuickBooks will show a 15222 error when there is an incorrect date and time on your Windows computer.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 15222
Troubleshooting Step 1. Install Digital Signature in Internet Explorer
Digital signatures can be used to verify an application’s authenticity. Intuit will refuse to allow QuickBooks Desktop to download updates if its digital signature is lost.
- Open Windows File Manager and type C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the address bar.
- Use to enter, and then locate the QBW32.exe folder in your QuickBooks folder.
- Right-click the QBW32.exe folder and select Property.
- Look for the list signatures under the Digital Signature tab.
- Click Details to access the Intuit Intl digital Signature.
- Click the View certificate button under the digital signature details window.
- Click the Install Certificate button under the Certificate Window.
- To get the End option, click the Next link.
- Click to finish, and then restart your system.
- You can try Update QuickBooks again.
Troubleshooting Step 2 – Add the QuickBooks Processes and Domains to Security Programs Exclusions List
Add QuickBooks domains and processes to the list of exceptions within the security program settings. This will ensure that error 15222 does not occur due to restrictions.
For more information, refer to our article on error 6094.
Troubleshooting Step 4 – Run QuickBooks File Doctor in Tool Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor is an excellent tool for dealing with network and company-related issues.
- Click To Download QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the downloads folder and run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license to install the application.
- To proceed with the installation, click Next.
- After the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub has been installed on your system you can run it from the icon on the desktop.
- Move to the Problems tab, and then select Run Quicken File Doctor.
- Select the option ” Repair your file for QuickBooks” then click Next.
- After the file repair is complete, you can check to see if “QuickBooks Minor Upgrade Error 15222” still exists.
Troubleshooting: Step 3: Set the Default Internet Browser
QuickBooks Desktop connects to the internet using Internet Explorer’s default settings. If you choose another browser, however, QuickBooks may have trouble downloading the updates.
- To Make Internet Explorer your default browser. Open Internet Explorer, and then select Internet Options from the Tools Section.
- Click on the Make default button under the Programmes tab.
- Hit the OK key to rerun the QuickBooks upgrade.
If none of these steps help resolve QuickBooks error 15222 make sure that you have access to the internet. For assistance, contact an IT professional if you are unable to establish a connection to the internet.
Read More: Lead Generations Guide: Top Tips