Information technology is so important in the modern world – it has found its way into our everyday lives thanks to the popularity of smartphones; it has integrated into our entertaining (with social media and streaming); and it has become essential to business.
Any business that wants to be successful nowadays must be leveraging information technology – also known as IT. The importance of using technology has also resulted in an increase in the importance of supporting technology. We spoke with TechQuarters, a London-based IT company that has been working with small businesses to take care of their IT needs for over a decade. The small business IT support London providers like TechQuarters specialise in have been increasing in popularity over the last few years.
Why is IT Support for Small Businesses Important?
It cannot be stressed strongly enough how important IT support is for small businesses. Given how much small businesses rely on technology – PCs, laptops, and mobile phones to say the least, and possibly even servers and networking tools – it is crucial that they have help managing the technology. IT support ensures that all the technology is running smoothly and consistently, which in turn ensures that business stays running smoothly and consistently.
According to TechQuarters, who have been supporting small businesses for over 12 years now, many of their customers opt to recruit the help of IT support companies because it is more efficient than hiring in-house IT support staff. With that said, some businesses retain their in-house staff, but choose to work with a professional support company as well, because it makes the work more efficient.
Benefits of IT Support for Small Businesses
Most business leaders agree that technology is crucial for growing a business, and working in the most efficient way possible. When IT issues are experienced, it can impact the business in serious ways. With that in mind, below are some of the key benefits of IT support for small businesses…
- Proactive – A good IT support department or company can offer a business proactive support. This means that they take measures to help reduce the amount of IT issues the organisation experiences by being proactive, and looking for issues to fix before they cause an impact.
- Competitive Response Times – In addition to being highly proactive, a good IT support company will offer good response times. It is in their best interest to respond to customers as quickly as possible, because good service improves their reputation.
- Better Security – IT support partners are experts in IT security. Security is a number one priority for all modern tech-savvy companies, which means IT companies need to have the best knowledge on the most cutting edge security solutions – which small businesses can be beneficiaries of.
- Data Redundancy – IT support partners can also help small businesses improve their data redundancy. This means that their data is protected by backups, ensuring that the risk of data loss is as low as possible. Data redundancy is easier for IT partners to setup, due to their extensive experience.
- Round-the-clock support – A good IT support partner may also be able to offer 24/7 IT support to their customers. If hiring their own in-house staff, a small business would need to pay them over time for working outside of normal business hours. However, an IT support partners can usually offer this round-the-clock support at a flat rate.
- New Technology – An IT support partner can also help their clients modernise their IT, and incorporate new solutions. For example, TechQuarters are a Microsoft 365 consultant, and in addition to supporting their customers, can help them implement Microsoft 365 solutions in the most efficient way possible.
Leave a Reply