While getting your home’s floor renovated, you might be searching for something comfortable and durable. For that sake, carpet is the very first option that pops up in your head. Carpet is a very comfortable, affordable, and durable home flooring option. Especially if you have kids in your home, nothing is more perfect than the installation of this beneficial and ritzy flooring.
Usually, most people hire professionals for the installation of this very home floor covering. However, you can do it on your own while saving your money. Before you go out to purchase this top-class flooring, here are some legitimate things to know about the installation of Best Carpets in Dubai so that you can make an ideal choice for your precious living space.
Things To Consider Before Carpet Installation
Well, there are some crucial points that should be clarified before you get your hands on this beautifully designed and soft-textured floor covering. Carpet elevates the beauty of your home decor to the next level and makes your place much more comfortable. But, knowing the following aspects of carpet installation is important, as well.
1. Move The Furniture
Before you buy the carpet, check the area where you are going to install it. Check if that area has some heavy furniture or light-weight furniture. Because light furniture can be moved in or out easily from one area to another.
But, moving heavy furniture items is a time-consuming task. You can’t easily move all the items out of the room or upstairs and then bring them back into the room after installation. This step requires a lot of effort and time, of course.
2. Remove Old Carpet and Underpad
If your home already has carpet flooring and you are going to install the new one, you have to first remove the baseboards, and then pull up the old carpeting along with the underpad.
For that sake, you will require a pry bar and a hammer just in case to remove the baseboard trims. Pulling the carpet up is not a simple task; it requires a lot of your strength. Then, it should be cut into small pieces for easy disposal.
3. Install the Carpet
Now, install the wall-to-wall carpet nicely, and before doing that, install the underpad. Do the stretching for a smooth and perfect installation. You will require some material for that, of course.
Install the baseboard trim again for a delicate finishing touch. Clear up all the mess. Do the vacuuming and move the furniture back into the area so that your living space can gain an attractive appearance.
4. For Stair Carpeting
If you are going to carpet your home stairs, then you will need a lot of time to perform this task smoothly. Stair carpeting is not as easy as the installation of carpet in any other area of your home. It requires very detailed work.
You might need to hire professionals for that purpose because not everyone can do this job accurately. However, there are two types of stair carpet installation, so you have to choose accordingly and then get this task done.
Some Services That Professionals Do Not Offer While Carpet Installation
However, while professionals facilitate you with the perfect installation of carpeting in your living space, there are some services that you should not expect from the installers. The following things you have to do on your own before and after the installation.
- Moving the Furniture In or Out: Carpet installers will not move your heavy furniture items. You have to move everything out on your own before hiring the team.
- Removal of Hard Flooring: The team of carpet installers will not get the removal of your hard flooring. If you want to remove the existing flooring before the installation of the carpet, you need to hire another team of professionals who can remove the flooring. Otherwise, you have to do it either by yourself or get the installation of that hard flooring.
- Preparation of Subfloor: The carpet will make your area comfortable, but only in that case if the subflooring is smooth enough. If you are seeing any wear or tear on your flooring, get it fixed before laying the carpet down. The carpet installers will not prepare your subfloor. Get this task done on your own.
- Repairing or Rectifying: If there are any scuffs that appear during the installation process, it is not the duty of professionals to get them repaired. Although they do their best to avoid the scuffs, it is your duty to rectify everything after the installation.
To Sum Up
In the end, I hope you now know everything about carpet installation and the services that carpet installers provide and do not provide. Thus, it is now safe to say that you are going to make a suitable choice. Install the required flooring at your home and let the area get gilded.