Women must prioritize their physical health, and if they exhibit symptoms causing vaginal pain and bleeding, they must consult a gynecologist in Karachi. The doctor will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the cause of the illness and treat it accordingly. It is essential to confer with the specialist as soon as they exhibit unusual symptoms, as an early diagnosis can assist in smooth recovery without complications.
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection, that can cause the women to suffer from unbearable pain and may lead to Pelvic inflammatory disease. Sexually active women are prone to suffer from the disease because of unsafe sex. Therefore, women should take precautionary measures to avoid complications.
The women may not experience symptoms initially, but the condition may worsen after some time. The symptoms that correlate with chlamydia infection include:
- The women can notice excessive vaginal discharge with extreme itchiness.
- The woman may notice bleeding in between the menstrual cycle.
- The patient suffers from unbearable pain and discomfort while having sexual intercourse.
- The patient suffers from abdominal pain most of the time.
- The patient suffers from pain while urinating.
The known causes of the condition are:
- The Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria cause the infection while engaging in oral or anal sex.
- Touching the genitals can cause an STI.
- The pregnant women suffering from the condition can pass the chlamydia infection to the newborn child.
- Women having multiple sex partners are at a higher risk of STIs.
- Women who involve themselves in unprotected sex are at a higher risk of suffering from chlamydia infection.
The complications associated with chlamydia infection include:
- It is important to take proper treatment for the infection or the women may suffer from deadly diseases. Untreated chlamydia infection can lead to inflammatory pelvic disease.
- Women are more likely to suffer from ectopic pregnancy.
- Women with recurrent STIs are at a higher risk of suffering from infertility.
The measures that can prevent women from STIs include:
- Women must not have unsafe sex. It is best to make the sexual partner wear condom before having intercourse to avoid complications.
- Women should avoid having multiple sexual partners, as it can jeopardize the physical health of everyone involved in the act.
The tests that help in diagnosing a woman with chlamydia infection are:
- Urine Culture Test: The test helps detect the presence of the chlamydia infection, causing the patient to suffer from the symptoms.
- Swab Test: The vaginal discharge is examined to detect the presence of chlamydia bacteria that has led to the bleeding and other symptoms.
The treatment involves taking antibiotics to help fight the infections and provide relief to the patient. Additionally, women diagnosed with STIs must not engage in sexual activities before complete recovery. Also, the patient must let the partner know about the condition to avoid others to suffer from the same disease.
Women suffering from a sexually transmitted infection must book an appointment with Prof. Dr. Anjum Rehman and discuss their condition. The specialist will provide guidance regarding treatment, complications, and preventive measures. The guidance will prevent the patient to suffer from additional health problems in the future.