Some think that a belt is a style accessory. Others think that it is a necessity if you are wearing trousers or pants. But the truth is that it is both. Men wear them for practical reasons as well as to add an extra layer of style to their fashion. A belt may be a small accessory that sometimes is well hidden under the shirt. But, it is one of the major elements in men’s fashion that packs a strong punch – it can make or break the first impression you make. This is where choosing the right belt for your matter. If you are choosing the perfect match with your dress, it can lift your overall persona. But, if it’s a mismatch, it can completely ruin your fashion statement. To hit the bullseye with your belt, there are a few things you need to know while choosing the perfect belt for your outfit. In this post, we will cover everything you need to know about belts and the things that will help you select the best bet for your outfit.
But before that…
When To Wear A Belt?
This is one question that we have been asked by many men. Well, it is not surprising that today, most men wear casual trousers that hardly need a belt. This is why when they put on some formal attire, they lose all their sense of using the belt to their fullest. So, here is the answer. If a trouser has belt loops, you should wear a belt, no matter whether you need it or not. After all, why teh loops are there for. If you don’t wear a belt, the dressing sense might look a bit careless, especially when you are wearing formal attire. Even with casual clothes where you generally don’t need a belt to wear. You must always ask yourself why you need to wear a belt. Uit can be for practical reasons as well. After all, you can’t get tailor made with ready-made dresses.
Types Of Belt?
There are many types of the belt based on how they are designed and what material they are made up of. However, that only confuses the men. We can see that there are two types of belts men wear – Formal and Casual. Both formal and casual have digestive features that will not complement each other or will go with each other’s style. Knowing the differences is the key that will help you find the perfect belt for your outfit.
- Formal Belts: Formal belts are quite easy to distinguish between casual belts. This is because a formal belt is not too wide, and the buckle is more classy looking – The typical rectangular belt buckle.
- Casual Belt: Casual belts, on the other hand, are more versatile in nature. What comes in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors, and designs. They are wider, java large belt buckles and come in a wide range of colors.
Sometimes you search and search and can’t find the perfect belt for your dress. Yes, many belt designs might be close, but somewhere or another, either it is not matching with your outfit or with your shoes. You will always find them coming out of the frame. In that case, you can always go with Custom Leather Belts. Some men are crazy about custom belts and wear only belts made with the perfect shape, size, material, and buckle. What’s more, customer belts are also a perfect gift option. If your His birthday is at the next corner, you can gift HIM a custom leather belt with their name on it.
How To Find The Perfect Belt?
- Rule Of Thumb: The biggest thumb rule you need when it comes to choosing a belt for your outfit is that it needs to closely match with the shoe you are wearing. In the perfect world, the belts should be made with the same material shoes are made. But, that’s pretty rare. So, instead of focusing on matching the color.
- Width: The width of the belt determines whether the belt is formal or casual. When it comes to formal belts, the width is more to the slimmer side than the casual belt. The usual width of a formal belt is 1 ¼’’ to 1 ¾’’. Anything wider than this will be considered a casual belt and will not be classy enough for the purpose.
- Material: material of the belt decides how long the belt will last. In most cases, people prefer to have leather belts. This is especially true of someone wearing a belt every day. But, if you are buying a belt for attending an event, you can go with a more classy look. The common materials that are used for making belts are Leather, Suede, and Cotton.
- Buckle: The buckle of the belt is one of the important parts and is clearly visible. If you are wearing a formal belt, you must go with a minimalistic buckle that is clear and shiny. However, if you are going to rock a casual look, you have more options. Choose the buckle that compliments the dress you would be wearing.
- Size: The belt’s size has always been a confusing factor when choosing a belt. Different brands in different states measure the belts differently. This makes it difficult to go with one size for all brands. If you are buying online, it is important that you know the size of your waist and buys accordingly. However, if you are in a departmental store, you can take a belt you like and wrap it around your waist to see how it fits you.
While choosing the perfect belt for your needs might seem challenging at first. However, with the basic search rules and things to consider, you can help yourself to find just the perfect match. That being said, we conclude our article. If there’s anything more you want to know about choosing the belt or expert advice, we are here to help you out.