Venetian blinds, also known as slat or horizontal blinds, are modern window coverings and can be regarded as the best alternative to curtains because of their ability to add depth and warmth to your interior décor.
Depending upon your choices of Venetian blinds, they can make your home look either sophisticated and modern or luxurious and more comfortable, thus easily improving your interior styling.
Also, Venetian window blinds are available in a wide variety of highly durable and extremely resilient material options such as wood, faux wood, aluminum, plastic, metal, and many more. Besides, you can always choose to opt for these blinds in a vast spectrum of vibrant color options.
Hence, Venetian blinds seem to be economically beneficial as well, considering all these amazing benefits, and to secure this valuable investment, you should properly clean and maintain these blinds.
Useful Tips For The Care And Maintenance Of Venetian Blinds
Adding to the previous discussion, taking proper care and following a maintenance schedule can make your Venetian blinds last longer. Also, regular cleaning practices can make your blinds shine and your interior more presentable and elegant-looking. In this article, we’ve shared with you some useful tips for the care and maintenance of Venetian blinds.
Different Types Of Venetian Blinds & Their Cleaning Practices
Of course, Venetian blinds can comprise many different construction materials, and therefore, cleaning practices differ for all these types of blinds. Because cleaning a certain type of blinds with chemicals that are not recommended for that type can give rise to permanent damage. Also, one needs to ensure proper conduct while doing so.
1. Cleaning Of Venetian Aluminum Blinds
- Use a soft-bristled brush, cotton cloth, or feather duster to clean these blinds and make sure that the slats are closed completely. Following this routine daily will maintain the beautiful appearance of your blinds.
- To remove the stains, spray clean with the type of cleaner solution made specifically for these blinds and use a damp cloth to rub the stained area. Repeat the procedure several times and you’ll notice that the stain disappears.
- Follow a deep-cleaning schedule for your Venetian aluminum blinds by hiring a professional blinds cleaner every once in a while (especially when the blinds look excessively filthy).
2. Cleaning Of Venetian Wooden Blinds
- First, dust your window blinds using a cloth or clean them using a vacuum cleaner.
- Now, remove any stains or marks using a damp cloth that is soaked in an unharmful commercial chemical solvent.
- Always take care not to damage the coating layer of your Venetian wooden blinds and avoid applying any hard scrubs or abrasive elements.
3. Cleaning Of Venetian PVC Blinds
- Use compressed air or a vacuum cleaner to get rid of dust and dirt particles for your window blinds.
- Make use of a combination of the proportionate amount of water and vinegar solution with a microfiber cloth to clean these types of window blinds. Mostly this solution is used to remove the stains from the surface of the blinds.
- Also, rub gently the surface of the blinds because harsh and vigorous rubbing can damage the coating layer of your Venetian PVC blinds.
Helpful Suggestions For The Maintenance Of Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds, as discussed above, are really useful in terms of both their visuality and functionality. Besides, getting Venetian blinds is a valuable investment that should be secured no matter what!
In the case of horizontal blinds, regular cleaning practices will do the justice, however, you also need to wash your blinds (not the metallic ones as they’ll rust quickly) once every month for adding to their beauty and lifespan. Besides, washing your Venetian wooden, PVC, or Aluminum blinds is just like following a less effective deep cleaning procedure.
Washing Your Venetian Blinds
Here, we’ve described the general washing procedure regarding the maintenance of your Venetian blinds.
- Always wear cotton gloves as a preventive measure while washing the blinds with a mixture containing 1/3 parts vinegar and 2/3 parts water.
- Cover both the upper and lower surfaces of the slats for effective and better results.
- After that, clean the blinds with warm water by using a soft absorbent cloth or a sponge.
- To maintain a long-lasting shiny surface of your blinds, use a special spray designed specifically for Venetian blinds.
Additional Tips For The Maintenance Of Venetian Blinds
To keep your Venetian blinds in perfect shape and form, keep children from lifting the slats of the blinds to peeking out of the windows. Because the slats of these blinds are thin and delicate and therefore, can be damaged by inaccurate handling or frequent movement. And once damaged, it becomes almost impossible to bring them back to their original condition.
Also, you should properly ventilate your interior because blinds are mostly exposed to corrosive elements, mostly moisture which can damage their surface, making them look weary and dull besides cutting short on their lifespan. This is another useful tip for adding to the lifespan and beauty of your Venetian blinds.
Coming To An End
We’ve mentioned above some of the most useful tips and efficient methods that can make your Venetian window blinds last longer, thus securing your valuable investment. Also, these suggestions, if followed precisely and on a routine basis, can preserve the beauty and charm of your blinds, hence helping you uplift your interior aesthetics. However, you should take care of the type of Venetian blinds you possess and opt for the cleaning procedures accordingly. Otherwise, it may cause irreversible damage to your blinds.
Read More: organisedeveryday.com