Vape pens are handheld electronic devices for adults that produce inhalable fog-like vapor with nicotine and numerous flavors. When it comes to vape pens, you want to be sure you’re doing it correctly. It provides the “lung hit” that smokers crave when appropriately used. It only takes a little understanding and adaptation. Learning how to vape correctly is critical to enjoying the experience, which most people overlook when they first enter the vaping world.
If you’re new to vaping, remember the expression “first things first” and learn how to use vape pens. Begin with simple and easy-to-use devices that are not necessarily inferior. These devices are commonly available in stores and include pre-installed functionalities. To help you with this, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on properly smoking a vape pen in 2022.
- Purchase a Starter Kit
The best chance of success is to keep the device you buy simple. Simple vapes are not inferior to advanced devices; they are simply easier to use. Get a basic vape starter kit. There are four significant types of vape kits from which to pick.
- Pod Vapes: A pod vape is a mini vape with a two-part system: a pod packed with a vape juice that snaps onto a small battery. They come pre-filled or refillable.
- AIOs: An AIO vape is a vaping device in which the tank is a permanent element of the device rather than being screwed into it as with a complete vape mod. They come in refillable and changeable coil varieties.
- E-cigarettes: E-cigarettes are battery-powered devices that produce an aerosol by heating a liquid that the user inhales and exhales. They are available in pre-filled or refillable cartridges and disposable cartridges.
- Disposable e-cigarettes: A disposable vape is a compact, non-rechargeable vape that is recharged and ready to use. These vapes cannot be recharged or refilled, and there is no need to purchase and replace coils. When the disposable model runs out of e-liquid, it is discarded.
The kits include instructions on how to use them properly. In addition to pre-filled- kits, the user must refill the other types with their e-juice.
- Get the Best E-Liquid for the Specific Type of Kit
E-liquid could initially appear to be confusing. How do you select the best solution given all the available choices for your particular needs? Let’s discuss this crucial component and all the information you require to make an informed purchasing decision.
- Flavor: When it comes to e-liquids, choosing a taste you’ll enjoy is one of the most critical tasks. Without the flavor you like, vaping would not be as delightful for you.
- Nicotine Potency: Your selected e-liquid provides the nicotine in your device. The typical range for nicotine content per e-liquid container is 1 mg to 36 mg. If you’ve just begun vaping, starting with a lower nicotine dose will help you find one that’s comfortable for you.
- Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerol: When exploring different e-liquids, PG vs. VG is something you’ll often come across. These components give e-liquid its liquid consistency. Propylene Glycol, also known as PG, has a lower viscosity and produces fewer smoke clouds. One advantage of PG is that the impacts are much more potent in the back of the throat. VG, or Vegetable Glycerol, is thicker and produces a smoother hit. More giant vapor clouds can be formed, and VG has a naturally sweet taste.
- Learn Different Inhaling Methods
Be cautious when smoking vapes for the first time because how you inhale it can easily make or ruin your experience. If you do it incorrectly, you may have coughing or a nasty nicotine rush. Some of the most common ways to inhale via your vape pen are:
- Mouth to Lung: This method is excellent for beginners. Simply breathe the vapor into your mouth as if it were a straw. Keep the smoke inside for a second, open your mouth slightly, and inhale softly into your lungs. A little cloud of vapor will exit your mouth with a gentle exhale.
- Direct to Lung: The direct-to-lung approach is a slightly more advanced technique that results in a faster hit. To do this, take a deep inhale that rushes past your mouth and into your lungs. Exhale after a second of holding it.
- Only Mouth: Some people prefer inhaling the vapor into their mouths, tasting it, and then expel. This technique is sometimes referred to as “puffing.”
There is no correct method of inhaling the vapor. Experiment with the strategies to see which ones work best for you.
- Begin With a Small Dosage
It is best to start with a small intake — there is no need to inhale to the point of bursting. Simply take a light hit and observe how you feel. Take your time between puffs as well. Going slow will let you get used to your vape pen and practice your learned techniques.
- Pay Attention to Device Maintenance
This step won’t apply if you have a disposable device. However, if your kit is rechargeable, wash the tank and mouthpiece with warm water once a week, then let it air dry. Your vape will become clogged with residue if it isn’t cleaned, preventing a full throat hit.
Every vaper has a different method of use. Some people smoke heavily, while others enjoy the flavor of menthol. Many choose huge devices, while others prefer compact pens. Customizing based on your tastes is where the fun is. If you are new to vaping, you should be familiar with using a vape pen to determine which method works best for you. The information stated above should be plenty to help you get started.